All-On-4 – St. Louis, MO
Fewer Implants for a Longer-Lasting Smile
It can feel defeating learning that your jawbone is not sufficient in supporting traditional dental implants. When you’re already eager to start living life with a new and fully functional smile, this news can be an unwelcomed reality, causing you to wonder if your only option will be to wear traditional dentures. Fortunately, it is not. With All-On-4 in St. Louis, Dr. Moreland and our team can give you the results you desire without the additional, unnecessary grafting procedure. Using only four dental implants to create a firm foundation for your denture, contact our office today to find out if you are eligible for this type of treatment and what you can do to get started.
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
Using only four zirconia implants, All-On-4 is a solution that is designed to give patients with insufficient jawbone density the opportunity to enjoy many of the same great benefits as traditional dental implants. Instead of undergoing a bone grafting procedure to create stronger bone, you can bypass this treatment and move forward with All-On-4.
During the surgery, Dr. Moreland will place two posterior implants at 45-degree angles, allowing for maximum support. The other two implants are then placed toward the front of your smile to create a balanced foundation for your customized denture.
Am I a Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
The only way to know for sure if you are a qualified candidate for All-On-4 is to schedule a consultation with your implant dentist in St. Louis. While it is true that most adults suffering from tooth loss are eligible for implant placement, Dr. Moreland must examine your oral and overall health to determine if you require other forms of preliminary treatment (i.e., periodontal therapy, tooth extraction) or can move straight onto implant placement. He will also inquire about your medical history to ensure you are healthy enough to undergo minor oral surgery.
What Are the Benefits of All-On-4 Implants?
As you weigh your options as to how you want to replace your missing teeth, it is hard to overlook the many benefits you can expect when choosing All-On-4, such as:
- Easy maintenance that allows you to freely clean your prosthetic as you would your normal teeth.
- Improved jawbone strength because your zirconia implants effectively stimulate the bone each time you bite down or chew.
- The ability to consume a nutrient-rich diet, which may have once been more difficult without teeth.
- A stable and durable prosthetic that won’t slip or fall out while eating or speaking.
- Improved appearance because of the natural-colored materials used to create your new smile.
All-On-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Are there advantages to receiving regular dental implants? Absolutely. However, there are certain aspects on All-On-4 can provide, including:
- The opportunity to only need four dental implants instead of nearly eight. Because costs are often higher based on the number of posts needed, the decision to go with All-On-4 can save you lots of money.
- The ability to forgo bone grafting and instead, move forward with receiving your dental implants in St. Louis, which cuts down on your overall timeline.
- The opportunity to start enjoying your new smile much quicker than if you were to receive traditional dental implants. Depending on your case, it may be possible for us to place your denture the same day you have your All-On-4 implants put into place.